HIGHER EDUCATION COMMUNITY BURSARY
The Higher Education Community Bursary is co-funded by the Government, Community Development Council (CDC) and Citizens’ Consultative Committee (CCC). The bursary scheme is introduced to keep tertiary education within reach of all able students
and to provide financial assistance for needy students in the arts institutions.
- Singapore citizens
- Full-time MOE funded ^Diploma and Degree students
- Students must be on MOE Tuition Grant (TG)
- Gross Monthly Household Per-capita Income (PCI) not exceeding S$1,100 or Gross Monthly Household Income (GHI) not exceeding S$4,400 (with effect from AY23/24)
- Students who are not in receipt of the Higher Education Bursary or Higher Education Community Bursary in the same academic year
^ Sponsored students from the Diploma in Art Teaching and Diploma in Music Teaching are not eligible to apply.
Value of Bursary (with effect from AY23/24)
||Quanta per Academic Year (Diploma)
||Quanta per Academic Year (Degree)
|PCI S$750 and below, or GHI S$3,000 and below
||Tier 1: S$2,950
||Tier 1: S$6,300
|PCI S$751 - S$1,100, or GHI S$3,001 - S$4,400
||Tier 2: S$2,600
||Tier 2: S$5,100
- Gross Household Income (GHI) refers to the total gross monthly income of immediate family members, and non-immediate family members living in the same household.
- Per-capita income (PCI) refers to gross household income (GHI) divided by number of immediate family members, and non-immediate family members living in the same household.
How to Apply
Application exercises are held thrice per Academic Year in March, August and January.
The August application exercise for Academic Year 2023/2024 will commence on 7 August 2023.
Dates for subsequent application exercises will be published on StudentNet. Application exercises are held thrice yearly.
For enquiries, please email Office
of Student Care at [email protected] (Financial Aids & Awards Scheme).