STUDENT NOTEBOOK SUBSIDY SCHEME
The Student Notebook Subsidy Scheme provides financial subsidy to students from the lower income household to purchase a personal notebook for their studies at NAFA.Eligibility:
- Full time Diploma (1st & 2nd Year) & Degree (1st & 2nd Year) students
- Full time students enrolled in the NAFA Foundation Programme
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Financially needy students, with household per-capita income (PCI) not exceeding S$1,100 per month or Gross Household Income (GHI) not exceeding $4,400 per month
- Gross Household Income (GHI) refers to the total gross monthly income of family members living in the same household.
- Per-capita income (PCI) refers to gross household income (GHI) divided by the number of family members living in the same household.
Amount of Subsidy:
The household income will determine the subsidy that the student is eligible for. The income criteria is based on a 2-tier system where students will be eligible for the following subsidies:
|Household income per month
|PCI ≤ S$750 or GHI ≤ S$3,000
||Tier 1: One-time subsidy of $1,000
|PCI S$751 - S$1,100 or GHI S$3,001 - S$4,400
||Tier 2: One-time subsidy of $500
Students only need to meet one of the income assessment criteria (either PCI or GHI) to qualify for the subsidy. If a student meets both the GHI and PCI assessment criteria, the subsidy that accords the higher provision will be awarded to the student.
Partner Vendor promotion price listRecommended specs for each course
Application for AY23/24 (New students) will begin July 2023.
Application for AY23/24 (Existing students) will begin August 2023.
Application for AY24/25 (NAFA Foundation Programme) will begin in February 2024.
There are two ways that students can apply:
- Students apply for the subsidy during the respective application period by submitting the online application form.
- Students who meet the requirements will be notified on the subsidy offered.
- Students may then choose and purchase the desired notebook models from NAFA’s partner vendors (to enjoy educational price and warranty) by the given deadline.
- Students will co-pay the cost of the notebook to the vendor, nett off the subsidy.
- Delivery of the notebook may take 4 - 8 weeks.
- Students may purchase the notebook by paying the full price upfront from (i) NAFA’s partner vendors (to enjoy educational price and warranty) or (ii) preferred retailer of their choice.
- After the purchase, students may apply for the notebook subsidy by submitting the online application form.
- Students who meet the requirements will be offered the subsidy on a reimbursement basis.
Note: Receipt (for in-store purchases) or delivery notice (for online purchases) of the notebook purchase must bear the full name of the student
For enquiries, please email Office of Student Care (Financial Aids & Awards Scheme) at [email protected]