This course has been divided into 5 stages - Preparatory course, Grade 1 to 3 course, Grade 4 to 6 course, Grade 7 to 9 course and Diploma course.
Students are required to sit for internal examinations conducted half-yearly to monitor the student’s progress and to take the Graded Examination for Chinese Instruments that is jointly organised by NAFA and Central Conservatory of Music, Beijing.
Students of Grade 6-8 and Diploma classes are required to perform in public concerts and participate in national or international competitions.
Each student is required to perform on stage at least twice per semester at masterclasses. This strengthens the child’s confidence in concert performance which also provides a platform for students, parents and teachers to share their expectations and opinions, in a combined effort to improve teaching quality.
At the end of the respective course, students will attain:
- Preparatory course –Students will be prepared for Grade 1 upon completion of the course.
- Grade course – At the end of each level, students will sit for the Graded Examination jointly conducted by NAFA and the Beijing Central Conservatory of Music.
- Diploma course – Students will attain Diploma standard upon successful completion of the Graded Examination that is jointly conducted by NAFA and the Beijing Central Conservatory of Music at the end of this course.
The sessions are held per semester from January to May or July to November.
- Practical, once in a weekend, 18 lessons per semester
- Theory, once in a weekend, 20 lessons per semester
- Masterclasses, twice per semester
Gifted Young Chinese Instrumentalists Course
|Grade ||Practical |
|Theory(group lesson) |
|Preparatory ||18 lessons, 45 minutes each ||20 lessons, 60 minutes |
|Grade 1-4 ||18 lessons, 45 minutes each ||20 lessons, 60 minutes |
|Grade 1-4* ||18 lessons, 45 minutes each ||- |
|Grade 5-9 ||18 lessons, 45 minutes each ||20 lessons, 60 minutes |
|Grade 5-9* ||18 lessons, 45 minutes each ||- |
|Practical ||12 lessons per semester (45 minutes each) |
|Theory ||20 lessons per semester, 1 session per week (60 minute group lesson) |
|Masterclass ||2 sessions per semester |
Students who have passed ABRSM Grade 5 Theory Examination need not attend theory class. The ABRSM certificate must be produced upon registration.