The NAC Arts Scholarship (Undergraduate) aims to nurture outstanding individuals who wish to pursue a career as an arts practitioner or professional, and have the potential to lead in the fields of performing arts, visual arts, literary arts, community arts, arts education, technical design and production management, or arts management in Singapore.
Scholarship recipients will receive support for a Bachelor Degree with the following fields of study identified as a priority:
- Art history and curating
- Arts criticism and writing
- Arts management/ Cultural policy/ Creative entrepreneurship
- Arts practice with a focus in a traditional art form reflecting the Chinese, Malay and/or Indian heritage of Singapore
- Community Arts
- Creative writing and literary translation
- Music production and live sound engineering
- Stage and sound design, and production management
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Possess GCE "A" level, Diploma, International Baccalaureate or equivalent certificate
- For local study, the scholarship will cover tuition and compulsory fees up to 90% of total costs, subject to a maximum of $110,000;
- For overseas study, the scholarship is capped at $110,000 and will cover tuition and compulsory fees, monthly maintenance allowance and one-time return airfare up to 90% of total costs.
Scholarship recipients will fulfill up to 2 years of service commitment in Singapore’s arts and cultural sector over a period of 3 years upon graduation.
Please visit NAC's website at http://www.nac.gov.sg for more details.
For enquiries, please Email: [email protected]
How to apply:
Applications for the NAC Arts Scholarship (Undergraduate) can be done at https://cis.nac.gov.sg/NAC/
Application for 2017 is closed.
Please look out for the next round of applications in March 2018.