The Music Preparatory Course is designed specially for students who wish to develop their instrumental foundation and music theory knowledge, prior to entering the three-year Diploma in Music course. The course will run for 12 weeks across a semester, from January to April.
- Instrumental Tuition (Principal Study) - You will attend weekly individual lessons with selected professional musicians. These specialist tutors will help you develop strong and solid techniques along with repertoire preparations.
- Music Appreciation - You will learn about basic musical form as well as the lives and works of leading composers. You will also learn about the development of Western music history.
- Music Theory & Aural Training - This class will cover all basics in music theory and ear training. You will sit for an assessment based on the requirements of ABRSM Grade V theory, which may also be taken externally.
- Demonstrate the establishment of solid technical foundation through the presentation of required musical works
- Communicate musical understanding of required musical works through performance or in a composition portfolio interview
- Establish foundation of pitch accuracy, chord recognition, rhythmic and melodic understanding
|NAFA Semester 2 (January to April) 12 weeks
For more information and application details, please click on the “HOW TO APPLY” button on the left column.