The Music Preparatory Course is designed specially for students who wish to develop their instrumental foundation and music theory knowledge, prior to entry to the 3-year Diploma in Music programme.
- Instrumental Tuition (Principal Study) - You will attend weekly individual lessons with selected professional musicians. These specialist tutors will help you develop a strong and solid technique along with preparation of repertoire.
- Music Appreciation - You will learn about basic musical form as well as about the lives and works of leading composers. You will also learn about the development of western music history.
- Music Theory & Aural Training - This class will cover all basics in music theory and ear training. You will sit for an assessment based on the requirements of ABRSM Grade V theory (which may also be taken externally by the student).
- Demonstrate the establishment of firm technical foundation through the presentation of the required musical works
- Communicate musical understanding of the required musical works through performance or in a composition portfolio Interview
- Foundation of pitch accuracy, chord recognition, rhythmic understanding and memory
|NAFA Semester 2 (January to April) 12 weeks |
For more information and application details, please click on the “HOW TO APPLY” button on the left column.