Zhang Ziyi is a dedicated and passionate student. She worked hard to excel in her academic modules at NAFA, while volunteering at arts organisations including the Singapore Tyler Print Institute (STPI), The Esplanade and The National Gallery of Singapore (NGS) to enrich her learning experience. During the school holidays, she worked at NAFA's Institute of Southeast Asian Arts & Galleries as a student assistant.
As a participant in NAFA's Talent Development Programme, Ziyi focused on training courses in visual arts management which she completed with flying colours.
Upon completion of her diploma studies, she successfully applied for entry into Nanyang Technological University (NTU)'s BFA in Art, Design & Media.
As a good role model for all students, Ziyi does not rest on her laurels and she is always looking out for more opportunities to learn and improve.
Awards and Achievements
Events, Exhibitions and Highlights
- NAFA Merit Award (Diploma) (AY19/20)
- NAFA Merit Award (Diploma) (AY18/19)
- NAFA Talent Development Programme (2019)
- Dean's List Award, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (AY2018/2019 Semester 2)
- Top Scorer for 3 modules in AY2018/2019 Semester 2
- Participated in The Singapore Bicentennial Conference organised by The Institute of Policy Studies 30 Sep 2019 –1 Oct 2019
- Participated in Southeast Asian Arts Forum 2019
- Student Assistant – Institute of Southeast Asian Arts & Galleries, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (August 2018 - August 2019)
- Volunteered at: STPI - Creative Workshop & Gallery; National Gallery Singapore; Esplanade –Theatres on the Bay; People's Association
The NAFA President Award is presented each year to an exceptional student from amongst the best diploma graduates of each graduating cohort.
The award recognises the all-round achievements of the recipient who has excelled academically and distinguished himself/herself in other areas.
The award was presented for the first time in 2006.