Xue Ning is a multidisciplinary artist and an animal enthusiast, committed to uncovering and exploring materials that represent human qualities. Through our environment, she stretches the possibilities of way a subject could be portrayed.
Her time at NAFA offered her unparalleled experiences through projects of self-discovery and Singapore's cultural identity. She has collaborated with the Changi Airport Group, presented at Sculpture Society of Singapore and interned at Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre.
Beyond her spirited focus as an art practitioner, Xue Ning possesses woman leadership for the youth in her values and philosophy of being.
Events, Exhibitions and Highlights
- ‘Chado Across The Sea’, The Japanese Association, Singapore
- ‘200’, Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre, Singapore
- LKY Marker Design Competition, Sembawang Town Council, Singapore
- ‘Seriously’ 3D Showcase, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore
- Changi Airport Group Live Project, Changi Airport Group, Singapore
- Bras Basah Complex Mural Painting, Bras Basah Complex, Singapore
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Glass Bencoolen Showcase, Singapore
- ‘DING DING DING’, National Library Building, Singapore
- Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle Artists, Singapore
- Annual Sculpture Exhibition, Sculpture Society of Singapore
- ‘DING DING DING’, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore
- Atelier Workshop Showcase, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore
- ‘Tale of 3 Cities’, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore
- Intern, Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre, Singapore (Jul-Nov 2019)
- Artist Assistant, Justin Loke, Garden of HeARTs, PAssionArts, Singapore (Jun 2019)
- Art Teacher, Umistrong, Singapore (Mar 2018-2019)
- Artist Assistant, Tang Ling Nah, An Other Space《另•外•空間》, Esplanade Jendala, Singapore (Oct 2018)
- Artist Assistant, Yoko Choi, Very Special Arts’ Alive Programme, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore (2018)
- Gallery Sitter, Tang Ling Nah, Dreaming in Black and White《幻境黑白》, The Arts House, Singapore (Dec 2017)
- Student Representative of Fine Art Programme, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (2017–2020)
- Open House Student Ambassador, Certificate of participation, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (2020)
- NAFA Freshmen Orientation Programme, Orientation Leader, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (2018)
- NAFA Open House Student Ambassador, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (2018)
The Best Graduate Award is a prestigious honour presented to students with strong academic performance throughout their studies at NAFA. In addition, recipients should be responsible students who display good attributes such as discipline, resourcefulness and leadership qualities. They should also possess a record of contribution towards the respective department and the Academy.